Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Speech

Good speech today by Obama - fitting for the times. I particularly like the "opening fist" metaphor. Good luck to the new President. There seems to be a great deal of hope and excitement for his administration and the man himself. I am in his corner but I will reserve judgement until some actual progress is recognized.

We're in a world of hurt in this country and I have yet to be convinced that Obama can make a difference in our economy and our country's standing in the world. Generally, I like this guy as a person better than the goverment's previous leader but I have yet to be convinced of his effectiveness as a leader of this entire country. I get no mesianic vibe from the man but I believe strongly that his intentions are leaning in the right direction, much more so than the other joker. But let's see if its more than just a good speech.

2 comments:

Shazza said...

I'm with you there bro. I think he may be too "gentle" and this is THE worst possible time for anyone to be President of the US.

Good luck to him.

neetzy said...

He is no messiah. He is human. People are expecting him to turn water into wine. That's not gonna happen. He inherited a huge mess.